Casa Blanca Community News
We will update this page regularly with interesting and exciting events going on at Casa Blanca Community School, so bookmark this page and check back often!
Casa Blanca Community School (CBCS) is participating in mandatory Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) sponsored summative testing in ELA and math.
- All students in grades 3, 4, and 5 must take the test in person
- Virtual students in grades 3, 4, and 5 must make in-person testing arrangements during the testing window of March 27 through April 21
Some tips for testing success:
- Get a good night's rest
- Come to school on time
- Remember to relax and stay focused
The executive order regarding COVID has been released. This welcome news will come with some new procedures regarding your students bus pick up.
- COVID testing for staff and students is no longer required.
- COVID vaccinations are no longer required.
- Social distancing on the bus is no longer required.
- Screeners and temperature checks are no longer required.
Because these restrictions will be lifted, there will be minor changes to all bus routes. Your student’s bus driver will notify you of any changes pertaining to his or her route. Possible changes include:
- Possible time changes due to no screeners. The bus driver will notify parents of any changes.
- Minimal time at bus stop. Drivers are only required to wait until all students are loaded safely onto the bus. If no students are at the bus stop, the driver will wait only one minute. Please have your student ready to go five minutes prior to your designated pick-up time.
- Combined stop location. The driver will no longer do door to door pick up unless absolutely necessary. The driver will let families know if there is a designated stop for homes close in proximity.
If you have any questions, please contact Casa Blanca Community School Transportation at (520) 351-3489, ext. 2215.
Parents/guardians must notify the front office each day a student will be absent to avoid an unexcused absence. The auto-dialer will generate calls to all parents/guardians who do not notify the school. Thank you!
Learn basic laptop skills, how to work Microsoft Teams, and more! Join us on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month in the library from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. To learn more about technology for free, sign up online today!
The Gila River Indian Community Tribal Education Department’s latest TED Talker newsletter is now available. Be sure to check it out below!
Check out our school calendar below to stay aware of school holidays, early release days, and parent-teacher conferences.